We can’t wait for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge to open at Walt Disney World so we thought we would make these awesome cupcakes to help pass the time!
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 12 of your favorite vanilla cupcakes
- 1 can of your favorite vanilla frosting
- 1 cup marshmallow fondant or white modeling chocolate
- Brown GEL food coloring
- Black GEL food coloring
- Silver cupcake gems (sprinkles)
- Wax paper (just to set your marshmallow fondant on)
- Smallest star decorating tip you have and decorating bag
- Cool cupcakes completely before decorating.
- Work 5-10 drops of black GEL food coloring into marshmallow fondant.
- Break grey marshmallow fondant in half. Set ½ aside.
- With ½ of the marshmallow fondant, work 10-20 drops of black GEL food coloring into the marshmallow fondant to make this portion black.
- Break this now black marshmallow fondant into 12 equal-sized portions.
- Form each of the 12 pieces into a cylinder, then flatten to make a strip. Set aside.
- Break grey marshmallow fondant into 12 equal-sized portions.
- Form each of the 12 pieces into a cylinder, then flatten to make a strip.
- Cut each grey strip into 4-5 pieces.
- Round corners on each piece of the grey fondant and make them into cartridges.
- Place 4-5 cartridges on each black strip, creating bandoliers.
- Place bandoliers into refrigerator until you’re ready for them.
- With your largest decorating tip, press into the top of the cupcake off-center, creating a well. Save hole tops.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the silver cupcake gems inside the well in the cupcake.
- Replace hole top on each cupcake.
- Mix 5-10 drops of brown GEL food coloring into your frosting, stirring until the color is consistent.
- Place small star tip in piping bag.
- Fill the piping bag with the brown frosting.
- Frost each cupcake with individual dabs of icing on the top of the cupcake, covering the entire top of the cupcake.
- Place a bandolier on the top, across each cupcake.
Are you excited for Galaxy’s Edge? Tell us when you are planning to visit! Don’t forget a travel agent can help you with all the planning and special tips all for no extra fee.
These are too cute!
EZ Dis says
Thanks Robyn. We’d love to see your pictures if you give it a try