We can’t wait for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge to open at Walt Disney World so we thought we would make these awesome cupcakes to help pass the time!
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 12 of your favorite vanilla cupcakes
- 1 can of your favorite vanilla frosting
- 1 cup marshmallow fondant or white modeling chocolate
- Brown GEL food coloring
- Black GEL food coloring
- Silver cupcake gems (sprinkles)
- Wax paper (just to set your marshmallow fondant on)
- Smallest star decorating tip you have and decorating bag
- Cool cupcakes completely before decorating.
- Work 5-10 drops of black GEL food coloring into marshmallow fondant.
- Break grey marshmallow fondant in half. Set ½ aside.
- With ½ of the marshmallow fondant, work 10-20 drops of black GEL food coloring into the marshmallow fondant to make this portion black.
- Break this now black marshmallow fondant into 12 equal-sized portions.
- Form each of the 12 pieces into a cylinder, then flatten to make a strip. Set aside.
- Break grey marshmallow fondant into 12 equal-sized portions.
- Form each of the 12 pieces into a cylinder, then flatten to make a strip.
- Cut each grey strip into 4-5 pieces.
- Round corners on each piece of the grey fondant and make them into cartridges.
- Place 4-5 cartridges on each black strip, creating bandoliers.
- Place bandoliers into refrigerator until you’re ready for them.
- With your largest decorating tip, press into the top of the cupcake off-center, creating a well. Save hole tops.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the silver cupcake gems inside the well in the cupcake.
- Replace hole top on each cupcake.
- Mix 5-10 drops of brown GEL food coloring into your frosting, stirring until the color is consistent.
- Place small star tip in piping bag.
- Fill the piping bag with the brown frosting.
- Frost each cupcake with individual dabs of icing on the top of the cupcake, covering the entire top of the cupcake.
- Place a bandolier on the top, across each cupcake.
Are you excited for Galaxy’s Edge? Tell us when you are planning to visit! Don’t forget a travel agent can help you with all the planning and special tips all for no extra fee.